September 6, 2009

Cancer! Cancer!

I have been following a blog belongs to a lady called Flora.
She was a Cancer Fighter. She suffered from Breast Cancer n the cells spread to her liver n she fought for 3 years.
Why I chose to follow her blog? Cos she was really a GOOD FIGHTHER. I admired her courage, her positive altitude and more.. She could even walk out of her "failed marriage" in the mid of her treatments.
I finaly made my 1st move to email her in June and she REALLY replied to my mail!!
I was very very happy to receive her mail!! From then, we exchanged hp no.
I smsed her in July when I did not get to see her update. And she replied saying she was having a rough time and would update me once she felt better...
But so sad, she did not get better and she GONE WITH GOD..
I was glad that she was released from her suffering, but I wished she could stay a bit longer so that I could meet up with her and be a REAL friend...Too bad, I wasn't given the chance.

Not long after Flora was gone, tonight, I went to attend hubby's cousin' wake. She was another victim of Cancer!! She suffered for abt 4 years. I should say she is a fighter too!!
Maybe because this cousin is same age as hubby and also hubby's playmate when young, think hubby feels a lot.. Out of the blue, hubby asked me to guess what was the ambition of this cousin!! I was shocked.. and of course I would not know the answer!!
So, I asked him back and his answer "SINGER"!!
I can sense the sadness hubby has and also understand why he suddenly asked this above mentioned question. Maybe he was thinking of the time they spent together when young etc.But I have no words to console him.. Cos, I don't know how to..
Nevertheless, I told dear to wish his cousin all the best and she is at good hands' now cos she is at the BEST PLACE now.. no pain, no suffering..

What a sad post I have created.. haiz..

2 comments:

  1. i can feel for you.. on why u created this post. i lost my auntie to cancer as well. missed her lots but we noe it is better this way then to see her suffering.

    recently a colleague's mum contracted colon cancer. feel so sad for her family.... her anxiety and frequent absence from work reminded me of myself some years back when my mum was unwell.

    my own mummy is a survivor of cancer, and its in remission. we prayed hard that it will stay this way and she will get to enjoy life and family bonding down generations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi mag
    recently I heard cancer everyway. sigh

    one of my distant colleague in US was diagnosed with lung cancer while she was doing her confinement. :-(

    and my friend's dad like Sam's colleague mum just diagnosed with Stage 4 colon cancer. :-(

    my own mum still under treatment and we all hope her cancer cells will not grow further and she gets to enjoy more quality life!

    ReplyDelete